News

 Redwood Forest Chapter Ninetieth Celebration

Members at the historic Carson Mansion, known as the Ingomar Club

 Members of the Redwood Forest Chapter standing on the steps of the Ingomar Club  

Eight past regents of the Redwood Forest Chapter were present at the celebration.

They were back row from left, Claudia Goodman, Doris London, Catherine Mace, and Sara Hines.  Front row from left, Mary Jerland, Melissa Brisso, Mary Fiest, and Lou Gooch.  

Photo from article appearing in the Eureka Times-Standard.

The Historic Carson Mansion located on the Eureka waterfront

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

The Carson Mansion is a large Victorian house located in Old Town, Eureka, California. It is one of the most written about and photographed Victorian houses in California.  Originally the home of one of Northern California's first major lumber barons, William Carson.  It now houses the Ingomar Club, a private members-only club, since 1950.  It is easily seen from public street and sidewalk, but the home and grounds are private.

On May 18, 2013, Redwood Forest Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution celebrated their Ninetieth anniversary.  California DAR state officers and district representatives were present at the celebration held at the historic Ingomar Club.